Cost of programme: R30,000 (VAT inclusive)
Minimum credits: 156
Duration of programme: One year
- 20% deposit of the total tuition fee must be paid before registration.
- Thereafter, a late registration fee will be charged.
- The initial payment must then be followed by quarterly payments of 20% of the total value of the programme.
- These payments are due before end of term.
- Thereafter, interest will be charged for balance owed beyond three months.
You have been involved in the arts and culture world, organising, doing the administration and implementing arts and culture learning interventions, projects or campaigns and improving products. You may also be wanting to share your passion for art by teaching others.
Now, you can take this experience and turn it into a sought-after and valued qualification and help to address the need for competent people to carry out these functions in the sector, particularly with SMMEs.
This qualification is ideally suited for the following roles:
- Arts and culture outreach worker (for example. in community arts centres)
- Recreational arts and culture worker
- Community arts and culture worker
- Community artist
- Community arts and culture officer.
It is assumed that a candidate has the necessary skills at this level:
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3.
On completion of this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Communicate with stakeholders and communities for arts and culture projects
- Prepare and implement arts and culture learning interventions
- Contribute towards assessment processes
- Support learning interventions
- Organise and coordinate arts and culture projects
- Support arts and culture product development process
- Investigate and explore positioning of arts and culture products and projects
Fundamental Component – 56 credits
- NQF Level 4 – 16 credits – Mathematical Literacy
- NQF Level 4 -20 credits – Communication in a First South African Language (NQF 4 Level)
- NQF Level 3 – 20 credits Communication (2nd South African language) (NQF 3 Level)
Core Component – 80 credits
- Compulsory for all learners
Elective Component – 11 credits
- Learners are to choose unit standards totalling a minimum of 11 credits from Electives.