Cost of programme: R38,000 (VAT inclusive)
Minimum credits: 120
Duration of programme: One year
- 20% deposit of the total tuition fee must be paid before registration.
- Thereafter, a late registration fee will be charged.
- The initial payment must then be followed by quarterly payments of 20% of the total value of the programme.
- These payments are due before end of term.
- Thereafter, interest will be charged for balance owed beyond three months.
So you have loads of experience, references and a growing design portfolio. But no qualification which gives your credit and makes you even more marketable.
This NQF Level 5 programme will add impact to your CV when applying for the job of your dreams and show off your competencies.
This qualification applies to various fields and disciplines of design including fashion design, interior design, graphic design, multimedia design, jewellery design, industrial design, product design, spatial design, design research, design writing and design for the environment.
The qualification is set to provide an exit point before the professional design qualifications at NQF Level 6 or 7.
Learners should have:
- the competence to communicate in at least two languages (one at NQF Level 3 and one at NQF Level 4)
- should be mathematically literate at NQF Level 3.
This qualification can be achieved wholly, or in part, through recognition of prior learning.
- Source research information related to a specific design field
- Analyse and review design research information
- Produce final design products that meet specific project requirements
- Manage business processes in a design environment.
Critical cross-field outcomes
This qualification achieves all the Critical Cross-Field Outcomes as illustrated below:
- Identifying and solving problems where responses to problems show that such critical and creative thinking has been used to make responsible decisions.
- Working effectively with others as a member of a team, group, organisation or community.
- Organising and managing oneself and one’s activities responsibly and effectively
- Communicating effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation
- Using science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and health of others
- Demonstrating an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation.
Fundamental Component – 56 credits
- NQF Level 4 – 16 credits – Mathematical Literacy.
- NQF Level 4 -20 credits – Communication in a First South African Language (NQF 4 Level)
- NQF Level 3 – 20 credits Communication (2nd South African language) (NQF 3 Level)
Core Component – 80 credits
- Compulsory for all learners
Elective Component – 11 credits
- Learners are to choose unit standards totalling a minimum of 11 credits from Electives.