Cost of programme: R30,000 (VAT inclusive)
Minimum credits: 150
Duration of programme: One year
- 20% deposit of the total tuition fee must be paid before registration.
- Thereafter, a late registration fee will be charged.
- The initial payment must then be followed by quarterly payments of 20% of the total value of the programme.
- These payments are due before end of term.
- Thereafter, interest will be charged for balance owed beyond three months.
Management is one of South Africa’s most scarce skills. Every company needs good managers to stay ahead of the game.
If you are a team leader, supervisor, foreman and section head and aspire to do better and want to get or improve your skills, then this qualification is for you.
It develops management competencies required by you in any occupation, particularly if you are currently operating as junior managers.
It is assumed that the learner accessing this qualification is competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first-line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members.
The curriculum of this qualification is as follows:
Learning programme 1: The role of the manager
Learning programme 2: Occupational learning and second language communication
Learning programme 3: Written communication
Learning programme 4: Problem-solving
Learning programme 5: Leading and motivating a team
Learning programme 6: The code of conduct and customer service standards
Learning programme 7: Time management
Learning programme 8: Performance management
Learning programme 9: Budgeting.
- More details to follow.