Cost of programme: R30,000 (VAT inclusive)
Minimum credits: 156
Duration of programme: One year
- 20% deposit of the total tuition fee must be paid before registration.
- Thereafter, a late registration fee will be charged.
- The initial payment must then be followed by quarterly payments of 20% of the total value of the programme.
- These payments are due before end of term.
- Thereafter, interest will be charged for balance owed beyond three months.
You have started out in the exciting world of the arts, as a talented assistant, practitioner or artist, and want to get access to a qualification that provides you with more skills and confidence.
This NQF4 qualification is the stepping stone to the sought-after NQF5 range of CATHSSETA programmes.
Areas of learning should include:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Competencies associated with conceptualising, planning and executing visual artworks at NQF Level 3.
Learners who have met the requirements of any unit standard that forms part of this qualification may apply for recognition of prior learning to the relevant Education and Training Quality Assurance body (ETQA).
Qualifying learners will be able to:
- Produce a body of artwork.
- Co-ordinate visual arts projects within a specified brief.
- Write a critical commentary on your own artwork based on visual and contextual analysis.
- Produce self-marketing material on the basis of research
- Contribute to future planning by using the knowledge & information gathered through project administration.
This programme consists of seven skills programmes:
- Mathematical skills
- Communication skills (First language)
- Communication (Second language)
- Produce a body of artwork
- Coordinate visual arts projects within a specified brief
- Write critical commentary on own artwork
- Produce self-marketing material on the basis of research.